Our Guarantee: Everything we sell is covered by our unconditional guarantee (unless otherwise stated on the site - like some of the clearance items that are beat near to death): If you're not happy with something you received from us just return it within 30 days of your original order date for refund or exchange. No need to contact us first - just ship it back. Include a note, please, to let us know how you'd like us to handle the return, and that'll do it. The catch? We don't reimburse you for return shipping (unless we really blew it), and we'd prefer we received it back in the same condition it was in when we shipped it to you. If you cut it, you own it, in other words.
Need to contact us? E-mail us at email@example.com or click this link.
Fax us at (207)782-7448
Phone us at (207)782-7863 if you'd like to place an order - this line is for ORDERS ONLY, please.
First things first: All items listed on our web sites are priced with USA shipping included - there's nothing else to add at the end of the transaction. In some cases, if you need your order shipped to AK, HI, or the Territories, you may need to pay a little extra to get your items shipped to you, but we do our best to take advantage of USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes so that you don't feel left out. Also, we do not charge for handling, processing, or looking at your order. The prices you see on our web site are all you pay.
APO/FPO/Military Addresses: We do our best to include you in our pricing structure - if at all possible we will not charge extra postage costs to get your items to you. If you purchase a large item, such as one of our refinished antique trunks, the added shipping expense will be incredibly high, so perhaps it'd be better for us to store it for you at no charge until you return safely home.
BV 2013 Vacation/Shipping Schedule
Our only scheduled vacation this year is November 25 through December 4 - No shipping during this break, but we'll get caught up quickly.
SHIPMENTS OUTSIDE OF THE USA: There will be additional costs for shipping your order. We ship almost all of our international orders via the US Postal Service. Please note that as of March 1, 2013 international postage rates charged by USPS have increased dramatically, so brace yourself for the added cost (for example, shipping a pair of trunk handles or a bag of rivets across the border into Canada now requires about US$10 in postage, and you may be charged customs duties, taxes, or fees as well). Orders that need to be shipped out of the USA must follow these steps:
International orders1. Please place your order on our web site, using our shopping cart system.
2. We'll pack your order and weigh it, then calculate the additional postage required.
3. We'll send you an e-mail invoice, through PayPal, to cover the additional postage and our mandatory US$5.00 International Order fee. This covers the time we spend filling out customs forms and standing in line at the post office.
4. You pay the invoice, and we ship your order right out.
5. For this system to work properly you MUST supply us with a valid e-mail address that you check regularly, otherwise your order will sit here in our outgoing basket for the rest of all time, or at least until you pay the additional shipping cost.
6. Very important: You're paying us for shipping ONLY. Once the package arrives in your country you may be required to pay customs duties, fees, taxes, charges, surcharges, and/or penalties. We are NOT able to determine whether you will be charged any of these, so you may want to check with your postal service first.
7. Also very important: Brettuns Village fills out customs declarations for every shipment that leaves the USA, and we fill out the paperwork accurately. The value of each item you purchase will be declared at full price. Please don't ask us to risk our livelihood by falsifying customs paperwork - we simply won't do it.